As an affiliate marketer your main job is to presell the products that you are promoting on your website. When you are preselling exercise and fitness equipment, knowing the reasons why people buy them allows you do a better job at preselling.
Below are some of the reasons that people want to buy exercise and fitness equipment. These reasons can also be why people would buy equipment for someone else.
- To lose weight and tone their muscles
- To become healthier and feel better
- To build a lot of muscle
- To make their body to look more attractive
- To slow down the aging process
- To help in the recovery from an illness or injury
- To please their family members or other people in their lives
- To fit into their clothes
- To be more successful in their career or get a new job
- To follow an order from a doctor
- To get health insurance or life insurance
- To be able to exercise in the privacy of their home
- To prepare for an upcoming event such as a wedding or high school reunion
- To make a one-time purchase instead of buying a gym membership
There are many types of exercise products that affiliate marketers can promote. It is a good idea to choose a niche to specialize in.
Below is a list of some of the products that you can promote.
- stationary bikes
- spin machines
- Pilates machines
- free weights
- rowing machines
- weight machines
- ski machines
- resistance bands
- multi equipment machines
- jump ropes
- stair climbers
- balance balls
- sports training equipment
- ab machines
You can also feature products related to exercise equipment on your website. Some related products are:
- Exercise clothes
- Videos and DVDs on exercise programs
- Health and fitness magazine subscriptions
- Diet plans
- Books about healthy cooking and eating, diet plans, exercise plans
- Extra equipment or attachments to the products
On your affiliate website you should have words or phrases that will help sell the exercise equipment. Sometimes just one word will resonate with a person and persuade them to buy.
The following are positive words and phrases related to exercise.
- lose weight
- feel healthy
- look better
- stop aging
- build muscle
- increase stamina and endurance
- no embarrassment
- improve confidence
- get in shape
- live longer
- increase energy
- feel thin/sexy/younger/more attractive
- look thin/sexy/younger/more attractive
- tone up
- fit into old clothes
- keep the weight off
- enjoy the beach
- lose fat
- eat more
- wear a swim suit
Using images and graphics on your website will also help sell the exercise equipment. Visitors to your site will project themselves in the pictures and this will help persuade them to buy.
Some imagery ideas are:
- Before and after pictures of people getting into shape
- People smiling and enjoying exercise equipment
- People at home using the equipment while watching TV or being near their young children
If you are planning to drive traffic to your website by using pay-per-click advertising you will need good keywords for your ad campaigns.
Here are some keywords and phrases related to exercise equipment.
- fitness equipment
- exercise bike
- home fitness
- gym equipment
- gym machines
- home gym
- exercise equipment
- fitness machines
- weight lifting equipment
- used exercise equipment
- exercise machine
- abdominal equipment
- fitness exercise equipment
- home exercise equipment
- weight equipment
- exercise program
- exercise bike equipment
- sports equipment
- fitness exercise
Informative articles are something you should have on your affiliate website. These not only help sell the equipment but will help the search engine optimization of your site. Articles will keep visitors on your website for longer and will improve the overall quality of your site.
Here are some ideas for articles relating to exercise:
- How a person used the equipment to quickly lose a lot of weight.
- How a person got in shape and it helped them get a date.
- How a person improved their overall health and fitness
- How easy it is to set up or use the exercise equipment.
Building a list of subscribers will enable you to establish a long-term relationship with your visitors. In order to get them to sign up for your mailing list or newsletter you can offer them a free information product related to exercise.
Ideas for free information products related to exercise are:
- A list of good and nutritious foods to eat.
- A list of exercises they could do anywhere.
- How to make time in the day for a quick workout.
- Exercise equipment reviews and recommendations.
- Diet plan reviews and recommendations.
Since exercise equipment is usually a high ticket item there is the potential to make a lot of money in affiliate commissions. Finding exercise equipment to promote is not difficult. You can check on the official website of the equipment maker and see if they have an affiliate program. You can also search on the affiliate networks to see if they represent exercise equipment. Choose a program that offers a variety of creative linking opportunities. Most programs offer free datafeeds of the merchant’s product catalog. Using datafeeds on your website, along with informative articles will allow you to create an authority website that will rank well in the search engines.